Friday, May 14, 2010

CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE! ack!

this is my special liz lemon recipe.
a 5 minute chocolatey chocolate cake.
because sometimes 1 hour is just too long to wait.
and i know miss lemon would definitely agree.


good news? you probably have all the ingredients already.
bad news? you probably have all the ingredients already.

folks this is not good. not good in a completely&utterly divinely delicious way. is chocolate cake really a mere 5 minutes away for whenever my heart desires it?? this is dangerous. more dangerous than late night tweeting and 5 hour energy shots. i'm pulling a mayan and predicting a ton of these little cakes in my future.

i was so nervous as i put my mug in the microwave. "does this really work?" i thought to myself as i almost abandoned ship and grabbed a popsicle. "yes. yes, a thousand times yes!!" i used dark chocolate chips and added a pinch of salt. then i topped it off with some fresh strawberries and sprinkled it with powered sugar. i mean does it get any better? possibly! next time i'm planning to make it with blueberries and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. the combinations are simply endless!
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
pinch of salt
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
chocolate chips
splash of vanilla extract

Add the dry ingredients to a large microwave-safe mug and mix well. Then add the egg and mix thoroughly.Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Lastly, add the chocolate chips and vanilla extract and mix again. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes. {the cake will rise over the top of the mug a bit.} Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. and ENJOY!

i can only imagine enjoying this with liz lemon as we kick off our sneakers and watch oprah while digging into some 5 minute chocolate cake. here's to the liz lemons everywhere! chocolate loving, ode-to-cheese singing, lettuce in hair, night eating, waiting for astronaut mike dexter, star wars loving, snuggie wearing, liz lemon!

get down with yo liz lemon bad self today!


p.s. i'm over at wishful nals {a most wonderful blog where happy things are abundant & inspiration is always found!} today with my favorite things list!

43 comments:

  1. Yum...I probably shouldn't know about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gurl you know i'm all about this! yum-e-yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! love that comic! me totally! this looks super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg chocolate cake in five minutes did you say? I'm totally there! That sounds awesome and delicious! Totally must try this out :)

    xoxo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh get out of here. haha you suck for bringing this to my attention. this one has zero calories too right??

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am sitting here giggling at the wonder of this post. that 30 rock moment is one of my favorites. this. looks. divine.

    :)

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. chocolates cake are my fave! this post made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh!
    Chocolate is so...necessary. I'm going to forget I ever saw this recipe, k?
    It looks amazing! Especially with your pretty strawberries!

    Oh- and I definitely tried out your healthy cookies and looove them! Thanks for the recipe, I think it's a new staple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know whether to be glad or distraught that I don't have any eggs...this looks AMAZING!

    (and your post made me laugh lots :-) )

    Have a good weekend Chelsea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been telling myself not to make this for so long! You may have pushed me over the edge! Damn you Chelsea!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah!!! you just changed my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love 30 Rock!!! and that cake looks ridiculously good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yum, now i am craving some chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! Now, I want some.
    I can't believe how simple it was to make that.

    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE LOVE LOVE Microwave chocolate cake for that perfect late night snack!!! My soon to be sister-in-law posted this for thekitchn.com (She's one of the bloggers) and my fiance and I just love to be her testers for all things yummy! :)
    Cute blog by the way, I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOLOLOL thank GOD i ate the last two eggs for lunch. we also have no chocolate chips.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my goodness! looks delicious... i must try it

    ReplyDelete
  18. youre so sweet. that cake looks so delicious! thanks for being over at my blog today, you brought it {and me} so much sunshine. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ohhh you're right, i do have all these ingredients at home!! thanks for sharing, looks delish!! heading over to wishful nals now!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Did my comment post? I don't rightly know. Anyway, I'm glad you posted this yumminess because sometime you just need a chocolatta fix!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh man. i might have to try this later on. it looks delicious...i dont think i should have read this post...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally just emailed this recipe to myself . . . YIKES.

    ReplyDelete
  23. wooooow I'm not mad at you, work that chocolate lol 5min huh pretty interesting lol I can't try this one milk and egg :( blahh lol love ya

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm over here from Cole's blog. I'm totally gonna try this recipe! Right now!

    ReplyDelete
  25. All together INCREDIBLE!!! Wishing you the loveliest of weekends oh and the yummiest too! XO

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ahhh, I just got all of the ingredients for this exact recipe in a nice little mug from a student two days ago! I have to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. may God bless you for this. you are making this preggy lady one happy girl. chocolate cake in less than 5 minutes... this must taste like heaven. liz lemon is my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  28. my gosh - this looks amazing - a perfect cure for when im craving chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I LOVE that episode of 30 Rock, it cracks me up!! And these sound amazing... you cook the most deliciousssssss, bad for you, want them now chocolatey treats Ms. Chelsea!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is my kind of post! Love it. Have a great weekend, lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  31. this is amazing.
    me and my mom made a cookbook out of all of your delicious recipes. this ones being added.

    p.s. did you ever get my letter??

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ok so I read this post on Friday and I was all, Oh My Goodness I need to try that. And this morning I woke up out of a dream and realized I was dreaming about making the ch. cake in a mug. No joke. Is it a sign? I should try it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ohmygosh, I die. That looks so good it's almost wrong. :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. curse you. curse you for putting chocolate cake so close to my fingertips at any moment. thank heaven i have no cocoa powder at my apt. right now.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Really? Does it taste good? I made one of these a while back and it wasn't too good. But thinking back now it didn't have nearly as many ingredients as yours does. I may have to try this again!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh you just may find me in a chocolate coma sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I. AM. ALL. ABOUT. THIS.
    i found this a few months ago and am totally obsessed. a little peanut butter inside is also amazing.

    by the way, you KILL me. this is probably the most perfect post that was ever written. i was hysterical. embrace the inner liz!

    ReplyDelete
  38. the liz lemon in me is dying of excitement! i can't wait to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ok, I just found this blog last week, and this has been haunting me since. I'm going down stairs right now to make this. I can't fight it anymore. Yum.

    You are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I want to do this.. I think I will! with some frozen berries... OH yeah! Thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete

comment. comment. BO bomment. ME MI MO momment. COMMENT.