Tuesday, May 25, 2010

this bread is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

the banana bread to end all banana breads.

most people make banana bread if they have overripe bananas they didn't get around to eating. i buy bananas soley for the purpose of THE BEST BANANA BREAD EVER! trust me when i say throw all other recipes away because this bad boy takes the cake! {in the naner bread field!} its packed with CINNAMON {obviously, i mean who am i?}. its like little explosions of cinnamon sugar goodness in your mouth complete with banana heaven.
i would like to know what traumatic event occurred during my childhood that made me not like nuts in bread! because i love nuts otherwise.. but just not in my banana bread! but cinnamon, oh cinnamon is a different story. and this bread has got it down. {yeah, maybe you didn't realize jay sean was singing about banana bread. "baby are you down down down down down..." for this bread? yes. i am down jay sean.} and with THREE LAYERS OF CINNAMON how could you not? no fear. for there is for sure cinnamon in every bite!
count em.
1 {for good measure}
2 {for extra deliciousness}
3 {to push it beyond perfection}
CINNAMON SWIRL BANANA BREAD
For the bread:
4 over-ripe bananas, smooshed up
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbs cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
1 1/2 cups flour
For the swirl:
2/3 cup sugar
3 Tbs cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Butter and four a loaf pan. Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and cinnamon together. Sprinkle baking soda and salt around on top of the banana mixture. Then gently stir in flour. {be careful to not over-mix} In a small dish, mix together the 2/3 cup sugar and 3 Tbs cinnamon. Add 1/3 of the batter to the loaf pan and then sprinkle a little less than half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture all over the batter in the pan. Add another layer of batter and then sprinkle almost all the cinnamon-sugar on top. Add the rest of the batter and then sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon sugar on top! Bake for 50-60 minutes. {but keep a close eye on it depending on your size of loaf pan!}

hope your day is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

29 comments:

  1. i absolutely love your blog :D i might try and make that sometime, looks really good, actually all of your recipes do :D
    have a good day :)
    gem xx
    http://gemma-eales.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally making this for brunch. OMG, it looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo... banana bread is my favorite thing to bake! i have my favorite recipe already, but it may be in danger of losing first place now... thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE BANANA BREAD! {but alas. i do love nuts in it} another recipe for my recipe book. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling can you come and live with me? ……….

    I would love to have someone near me that bakes so wonderfully!! Really I would me and my kitchen well we get along but she’s more of an acquaintance and not an actual friend hahahaha!

    Amazing post now I have to bake something mmmmmmmm ok some ??????? no clue I think of something latter……LOVE reading your post always ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzer - this stuff does take the gold. I'm printing out your post right now and going to try this recipe soon. It just looks so fantastic! Thanks for sharing sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow sweetheart, so lovely. I am a nut for banana bread, and this one looks great...although just the other day i stumbled upon peanut butter banana bread....we're in trouble ;) xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. holy balls! i need to go to the grocery store stat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't you just awesome?
    you've got me going bananas, bananas!! haha!
    I'm so trying this!


    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so so so so so delicious! I want to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. umm i'm drooling over here girl!! do you come up with all of these amazing recipes yourself?? can u come and bake for me please??? LOVE your writing style, esp the jay sean reference, totally agree with you there, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. please tell me you have some of this left over? because i'm pretty sure i could drive over to westhaven in record time for some of that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, sooooo
    I always thought my mamma had the bestest recipe for banana bread ever.
    BUT. . . now I have to try this one because it looks pretty darn good! :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes, please! sounds delicious.

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have several bananas that will suit this so perfectly!!! i should've known your banana bread would have cinnamon involved! : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. cinnamon swirl banana bread?!

    ...um i know you're not into girls, but wanna get married and make this for me everyday? i'll treat you right. lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. banana bread is one of my all time faves! i usually add walnuts, but i think i' m going to give extra cinnamon a go!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with Kristin, this little lady is a great brunch recipe I'll have to snag! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. i made banana muffins awhile back and ate them everyday for like 2 weeks and now i can go near any type of banana bread. sad.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I used to think that I was a total purist about banana bread, that I only liked the kind my mama makes (and I now make)--straight up banana bread with walnuts--but now you've REALLY made me want to try yours. Sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have a terrible habit of freezing over-ripe bananas and forgetting about them, am sure I have some in the fridge - will have to make some banana bread soon...

    ReplyDelete
  22. i already left my banana related comment... so hopefully it's acceptable for me to leave a comment completely unrelated to this post...

    "oh my lanta" is the best thing i've ever heard. i'm in love with it. you, my friend, are too amazing with words. i'm jealous.

    and speaking of mylanta, if you are wondering why i'm leaving you a comment in the wee hours of the night, it is because this preggy lady is up with some ugly heartburn. darn spaghetti... i tasted you once and that was enough!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my goodness, YES PLEASE, that look so amazingly delicious!! mmmmmmmmmmm, great now I'm hungry lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh My Goshhhhhhhhhh xD This is probably the best looking thing you have EVER made, not to say the others were bad, just this looks HEAVEN. I love banana cake, and I love cinamon! OMG. Joe and I are getting a house in a couple of months and this is definatly going to be the first thing we make together!!! :D

    THANK YOU <3

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  25. making this one girly! Cinnamon and bananas! woah.. sorry life, im in the kitchen!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mmmmm...this would hit the spot today.

    ReplyDelete
  27. this looks amazing! i miss baking. i'll definitely be making this the next time i have an oven!

    ReplyDelete

comment. comment. BO bomment. ME MI MO momment. COMMENT.