imagine, for a second, three of the greatest sweet treats.
cookies.
cakes.
pies.
that right there makes any day better. but what if... what if we COMBINED ALL THREE INTO A TRIPLE THREAT DESSERT!!??

as i sat down to write this post, my words were lost and i was speechless. how do i tackle the task of describing this dessert that is so decadent there are really no words. i mean its combining three insanely wonderful sweet treats into one superdessert! ITS THE HOLY TRINITY OF DESSERTS. did i tell you that its three desserts? THREE DESSERTS IN ONE?? pause. i just went to get slice. i wouldn't do this CCP {cookie cake pie} justice if i wasn't eating a slice while i write this. if you don't judge me then i won't judge you when you eat a slice for breakfast! deal? i mean let me break it down for you... a pie crust with a layer of cookie dough followed by a layer of cake. and then topped with icing. it just doesn't get better. {and due to the fact that i lost my camera charger, we've got disposable and camera pictures GALORE!} i mean one bite and everything else melts away as you take in the sweetness overload wonderland. and before you slip into a sugar coma you have dreams of world peace being solved by a single slice of cookie cake pie. and i think the phrase "a sugar volcano of pink frosting" was used.
{i'm not gonna lie, for this epic treat a little cheating is okay. we used a ready made pie crust, cookie dough from the store, and a betty crocker cake mix!}
batch of chocolate chip cookie dough
batch of cake mix
pie crust
frosting!
whether you go full force and bake everything from scratch or quick trip it down the express way is totally up to you!
preheat oven to 350 degrees. prepare pie crust and line it in a pie plate. then get your cookie dough and place it on the pie crust and spread it out evenly {and yeah, i used my hands!} then take your cake mix and pour it on top of the cookie dough. you won't use all of the cake mix, you'll have about 1/4 leftover, which means you can snack on the mix {guilty!} or make some cupcakes! bake for about 30 to 40 minutes. just check up on it {i'm stepping on beyonce's motto there} and take it out when the cake is nice and golden!
after it cools then whip up some frosting and decorate! my favorite, no fail frosting recipe that i of course had to add some pink dye too!
Vanilla BUTTERCREAM Frosting
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream
mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes. Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more.
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream
mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes. Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more.
and then doped up with sugar, we danced around and had a photo shoot on my laptop. you do what you gotta do. of course it ended 30 mins later with the biggest sugar crash of my life.
hope your day is filled with JOY and SWEET TREATS!












you are the most fun baker... um... EVER! your recipes rock x 100! I kinda want to try your CCP but I am kind of scared lol! I think the sprinkles on top totally seal the deal, though.
ReplyDeleteOMG. I think I would go into a sugar coma eating such a dessert! It looks kinda crazy, yet tempting all at the same time. My post, today, is also about a dessert...cupcakes! Be sure to check it out!
ReplyDeleteChelsea!
ReplyDeleteYou could totally sell a potato sack and make it sound interesting, that's for sure. But I LOVE the idea of having so much sugar you dance around and take pictures (actually I do that myself. five times a day). You're so fun!
yeesh, that's a lot of sugar. And I LOVE sugar.
ReplyDeleteI am wondering ... where on EARTH did you find a recipe for that? Or did you just totally make it up yourself?
I so totally want ot make that now. I also so totally know that I may not be able to withstand the sugar rush and eventual crash without doing something stupid.
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH!
ReplyDeleteThat sound like the most sickly and amazing desert ever! I HAVE to make it!
Also loving the moustaches too, my friend has one tattooed on her finger!
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs175.snc1/6573_110266312375_696312375_2106487_7382515_n.jpg
hahha :)
I am just jealous that your cookie cake pie turned out better than mine. I wish mine had been much more edible
ReplyDeletedeeeeeellllish!
ReplyDeleteWatched Youth in Revolt last night and thought of you and your love of Michael Cera!
O-M-G! I think my boyfriend would die if I made this for him..he would probably eat it in one sitting.
ReplyDelete(I've left you an award on my blog:))
This looks delish!
ReplyDeletemust...have...cookiecakepie...NOWW.
ReplyDeleteyou think of the most creative desserts.
this is AMAZING and totally made my day!! definitely need to try this.
ReplyDeleteholy moly, that is one AMAZING dessert!!! yum! you are such a chelsea homemaker!!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness how do you do it!
ReplyDeleteummm...shut up. this is perfect! i love it!
ReplyDeletethat is the absolute perfect dessert. i would kill to have tasted it! mmm mmmm mmmm! ♥
♥ http://www.allisterbee.blogspot.com
wow. must try. that looks amazing. you're amazing.
ReplyDeleteSugar overload! Yes! :).
ReplyDeleteThis is freakin fabulous! A little slice of heaven, if I may say :). Making this deliciousness this weekend! I'm in heaven....
HOLY SUGAR!! that looks fab!! LOL
ReplyDeletegirl you are too cute!! i just found your blog for the first time & am excited to be your newest follower!!
ReplyDeletewww.wild-and-precious.com
holllyy molllly that is ridiculous. wonder what the folks at kendall will think of that...
ReplyDeletenice staches.
okay...that looks insanely GOOD!! i must try that! i'm so glad i found your blog. i love it!
ReplyDeleteOh lordy, that looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteHOLY MOTHER OF GOD. This is INDEED the Holy Trinity of desserts. You are a dessert genius. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteI showed Joe this one and we're both 'ooohing' at it. xD Love the fun pic's <3 (and the moustaches!)
ReplyDeletexoxo
Looks awesome! Cookie-cake-pies are definitely my go-to dessert when I want to give people something they've definitely never had before.
ReplyDeleteMight I suggest rainbowfying it next time? http://marisamidori.blogspot.com/2010/06/holy-trinity-20.html
OH MY GOD I get diabetes just from reading about it. I can't wait to try it! :D
ReplyDeleteOh, and might I suggest another combo-dessert to try? PUFFINS. Pie+muffins. It's just cherry pie filling inside a muffin, but they're quite delicious. :D
ReplyDeletei ADORE that last photo! put a big smile on my face, my dear :)
ReplyDeletexo Alison
That looks sooooo good!!! And it's PINK!!!!! Yay!! What a happy/festive/seriously cute dessert!!!! mmmmm!!!!
ReplyDeleteHello yuminess! That looks like such an amazing fun dessert to make!!!!
ReplyDeleteUm no you did not, seriously this might be the greatest invention EVER. Who needs light, I want CCP!!!
ReplyDeletePlease send me a slice!!!? XO
ReplyDeleteI love sugar!!!! haha.
ReplyDeleteIt looks so good.
I wish I could bake with you! :)
Have a great day.
LOVE!
That dessert looks offensively amazing. Your finger-face pictures just made my day: in all seriousness
ReplyDeleteKatherine
Love the mustaches :) That dessert looks sinful and so delish!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteomg! a cookie cake pie?! haha, you're too cute and this sounds amazing.
ReplyDeletenice blog and post¡¡¡
ReplyDeletevisit my blog
xoxo
follow<3
http://tuxy-theladyisatramp.blogspot.com/
hahaha
ReplyDeletethat cake, pie, cookie is intense lol AND PINK!!! :) ekk!
I love those photos at the end!! classic, you are so fun!
Oh, girl you are crazy! That is one intense dessert that I must have. Seriously when are you going to start sending out all these yummy desserts you make?
ReplyDeleteThat looks insanely good. I bookmarked it to try sometime.
ReplyDeletei may have said it before, but you are without a doubt a baking genius. i'm dying over this superdesert!
ReplyDelete